How to enable wireless nic when booting from recovery cd

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by gregmowad, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregmowad

gregmowad Registered Member

Help! How do I enable wireless nic when booting from recovery cd

I successfully backed up my enitre WIN/XP disk to a network drive on another WIN/XP machine. All went great.

My question is this, if I need to do a restore using the recovery cd, how can I enable the wireless nic? It's a USB wireless nic from Belkin. I tried to run the network configuration utility, but it only shows the onboard ethernet nic (not the Belkin usb/wireless).

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You need load the missing driver. If you're using the Linux/DOS Cd, then you don't have an option for that. Your alternative is a BartPE which supports adding drivers. We usually don't recommend restoring through the wireless, speed suffers and less reliable.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

3. gregmowad

gregmowad Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I connect the pc using the onboard ethernet nic to my local network and boot up the recovery cd, will that allow me to proceed with the restore? Will I need to run the network configurator?

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Yes, connecting to the network physically should allow you to restore the image.

You won't need to configure the network if your network has a DHCP server running, this could be a router/modem. If you do not, and use static addresses for everything then you will probably need to set a static IP with the network configurator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.