How to enable wireless nic when booting from recovery cd

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by gregmowad, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregmowad

gregmowad Registered Member

Help! How do I enable wireless nic when booting from recovery cd

I successfully backed up my enitre WIN/XP disk to a network drive on another WIN/XP machine. All went great.

My question is this, if I need to do a restore using the recovery cd, how can I enable the wireless nic? It's a USB wireless nic from Belkin. I tried to run the network configuration utility, but it only shows the onboard ethernet nic (not the Belkin usb/wireless).

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You need load the missing driver. If you're using the Linux/DOS Cd, then you don't have an option for that. Your alternative is a BartPE which supports adding drivers. We usually don't recommend restoring through the wireless, speed suffers and less reliable.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

3. gregmowad

gregmowad Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I connect the pc using the onboard ethernet nic to my local network and boot up the recovery cd, will that allow me to proceed with the restore? Will I need to run the network configurator?

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Yes, connecting to the network physically should allow you to restore the image.

You won't need to configure the network if your network has a DHCP server running, this could be a router/modem. If you do not, and use static addresses for everything then you will probably need to set a static IP with the network configurator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.