How to enable "Exclude from detection" in Nod32 V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SnakeByte, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeByte

SnakeByte Registered Member

I've got ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition and cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable "Exclude from detection" on select workstations. (For that matter, I cannot find where to exclude files/folder in the administrative interface either).

Any help pointing me in the right direction, or even a link to a manual with this information would be very appreciative. We got hit with a FP for Reget. :(

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. SnakeByte

Thanks Cudni, but I was looking for how to do this from the ESET Configuration Editor that works with the business edition of NOD32. I.E. how can I grant a user the ability to just click "exclude from detection" or if that is not possible where I can set exclusion paths for a whole swath of users at once.

I'm assuming that since the option "exclude from detection" is a choice that is greyed out (even for an admin like myself) that there is a way to enable this choice.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> ESET Kernel -> Setup -> Exclusions

5. SnakeByte

Thanks Marcos. After reading your post and not seeing that item I dug around some more and found that there was a setting enabled that had the administration program only showed changed items! Ugh.

So now that I've got everything showing and now that I know how to add excluded items (thanks!), I'm still unable to find how to enable the "exclude from detection" menu choice that appears grayed out when the real-time scanner finds something.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I see, that option works for potentially unwated/unsafe applications only. It's not possible to exclude actually malicious files from within the alert window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.