How to enable "Exclude from detection" in Nod32 V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SnakeByte, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeByte

SnakeByte Registered Member

I've got ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition and cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable "Exclude from detection" on select workstations. (For that matter, I cannot find where to exclude files/folder in the administrative interface either).

Any help pointing me in the right direction, or even a link to a manual with this information would be very appreciative. We got hit with a FP for Reget. :(

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. SnakeByte

Thanks Cudni, but I was looking for how to do this from the ESET Configuration Editor that works with the business edition of NOD32. I.E. how can I grant a user the ability to just click "exclude from detection" or if that is not possible where I can set exclusion paths for a whole swath of users at once.

I'm assuming that since the option "exclude from detection" is a choice that is greyed out (even for an admin like myself) that there is a way to enable this choice.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> ESET Kernel -> Setup -> Exclusions

5. SnakeByte

Thanks Marcos. After reading your post and not seeing that item I dug around some more and found that there was a setting enabled that had the administration program only showed changed items! Ugh.

So now that I've got everything showing and now that I know how to add excluded items (thanks!), I'm still unable to find how to enable the "exclude from detection" menu choice that appears grayed out when the real-time scanner finds something.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I see, that option works for potentially unwated/unsafe applications only. It's not possible to exclude actually malicious files from within the alert window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.