How to edit the audio track of MP4 Video files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm looking for software to edit the audio track of MP4 video shot with my cell phone to improve dynamic range and clarity. Is there any freeware that can do this? Suggestions appreciated, thanks!

2. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Audacity. If the audio is not lossless you will lose quality through conversion back to the same file format.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with Audacity and I'm not sure it can do what I need here. I want to import the video file, edit just the audio track and then save. AFAICT Audacity can only import audio. Am I missing something?

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

MP4 is just a container. It is used to store video, audio, photo data files (you can have audio in mp3 format and video in AVC format). You need to demux the mp4 file, edit the audio data file, than remux them together back.
    I think Audacity can import the audio directly using the ffmpeg library. Try YAMB to demux and remux the files.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Generally I'm understanding this, but there's at least one video editor I've seen that enables editing of the audio track "in place". What I mean by that is you edit the audio right there in the Video UI. You don't have to export the audio, edit it and then import it back. The program is payware though and I thought I'd check first for a freeware that would do the same.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Which payware program are you talking about? I'd like to see it.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Have a look here. This program is not a video editor, but it can import video files so you can modify the audio track.

Improving audio quality is easy with AVS Audio Editor. This program will allow you to open a video file, edit its audio track and save the result as a video file with the new, modified audio track. Follow these simple guidelines below to edit the audio track of your video.

http://www.avs4you.com/guides/How-to-edit-audio-of-a-video-file.aspx

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.