How to edit default scheduled tasks in ERA 4?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Stealth111, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealth111

Stealth111 Registered Member

I will go ahead and throw myself out there under the bus for asking this, but I was under the impression that this would be just clicks away with ERA 4. Here goes. I have 1000+ clients with the "out of the box" start-up scans, and scans being performed on every definition update. I was under the impression that this was going to be super easy to manage with the new ERA 4. I was thinking of going into the policy manager and under scheduled tasks that the default ones would mysteriously show up for editing. That is not the case. It is empty in the policy manager. I know you can click on edit and see some options, but there is still no default policies showing up to make changes, like delete 1 built in schedule, or maybe tweak the other. I read the new directions, but it really skips past that part, it is geared more toward adding a new one. Basically there are no clear instructions on how to do this. I know about the trick of changing a client and then export config, and all that, but that was supposed to be all smooth as butter with the new ERA 4. WHEW... with that mouthful out, can someone post the cliff notes guide on how to simply modify the built in scheduled tasks, NOT with any weird workarounds, but with the supposed new method in ERA 4 that makes managing scheduled tasks a breeze! I would greatly appreciate it!

Scott

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

If you really find it too much of a hassle downloading a configuration (with ERA) from a client and using that as a template you can always make the task yourself.

Set up a desired start-up file check scan (event triggered) and change the ID to overwrite the default value's.

64 = regular automatic update
    65 = automatic update after dial-up
    66 = automatic update after user logon
    3 = automatic startup file check (after user logon)
    4 = automatic startup file check (after sig update)

See this image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.