How To Easily Install Microsoft Office 2007 On Linux

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Jav, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jav

Jav Guest

Source: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-install-microsoft-office-2007-linux/

Attached Files:

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I tried this but when installing I see all kinds of references to Wine, so this is maybe just some sort of Wine installation fascillitator o_O Anyway, I installed Word, Excel and Powerpoint 2007, could not activate the product (something about server not found), then buggy behaviour started whenever I tried to close one of the Office apps, they would reopen on their own over and over again. Overall a negative experience :(

3. Jav

Jav Guest

Sorry to hear that.
    I haven't myself yet.. Only based my assumptions from comments :doubt:

and yes, FAQ says:

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Thanks, I didn't see that Wine reference which explains it, and it did, indeed, install far easier than just using Wine alone. It's not a big deal that things didn't go that well for me either. My Linux install is mainly for my own learning purposes, until I can get a better understanding of the O/S. I'm a slow learner with Linux :)

5. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I couldn't install Office 2003 with PlayOnLinux but I could with Q4Wine. Perhaps installing Office 2007 with Q4Wine gives better result?

6. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It looks interesting, Sadeghi. I'll take a look at it in the vm'ed Mint install in the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.