How To Easily Install Microsoft Office 2007 On Linux

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Jav, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jav

Jav Guest

Source: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-install-microsoft-office-2007-linux/

Attached Files:

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I tried this but when installing I see all kinds of references to Wine, so this is maybe just some sort of Wine installation fascillitator o_O Anyway, I installed Word, Excel and Powerpoint 2007, could not activate the product (something about server not found), then buggy behaviour started whenever I tried to close one of the Office apps, they would reopen on their own over and over again. Overall a negative experience :(

3. Jav

Jav Guest

Sorry to hear that.
    I haven't myself yet.. Only based my assumptions from comments :doubt:

and yes, FAQ says:

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Thanks, I didn't see that Wine reference which explains it, and it did, indeed, install far easier than just using Wine alone. It's not a big deal that things didn't go that well for me either. My Linux install is mainly for my own learning purposes, until I can get a better understanding of the O/S. I'm a slow learner with Linux :)

5. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I couldn't install Office 2003 with PlayOnLinux but I could with Q4Wine. Perhaps installing Office 2007 with Q4Wine gives better result?

6. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It looks interesting, Sadeghi. I'll take a look at it in the vm'ed Mint install in the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.