how to easily install MAC Tiger on a PC

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, on this video it shows you how to easily install the Tiger OS on an Intel PC - x86. NOTE at the end they say it is legal to do.

things you will need:
    Tiger image
    the Tiger image, probably through Bittorrent. i had a quick look for it and was able to find it, but with very little seeds for it. but, i only checked one site

removable HHD or network drive

CUP-Z or CrystalCPUID
    i have both and prefer CrystalCPUID. however, they are both tiny standalone programs, and they both give the info you need for this, so either one is fine.

Koppix live CD

the instructions start at 22:16 on the video.

it's episode 2 on this page

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Steve's opinion on this:

http://hardware.silicon.com/desktops/0,39024645,39152460,00.htm

3. T772

T772 Guest

Hi, Ice60 check this link out for putting Apple on PCs , good stuff;) T http://www.osx86project.org/

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi CH, i read that quote on a blog, i was going to say he copies stuff from MS, but then i remembered it's the other way around... although Apple stole from other companies in the early days namely Xerox
    last question here "Some Microsoft critics say that many of the features in "Longhorn" already exist in other operating systems. How do you respond to that?"

it seems MS wouldn't survive if it wasn't for other people's ideas. have you seen Pirates of Silicon Valley?

T772, thanks for the link, i don't have a copy of Tiger, and when i checked, after writing my first post in this thread, it seems quite hard to find now.

5. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Well Steve Job once was a "bad guy" himself. :D :D

6. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I'd just like to point out that obviously the instructions they give are not legal, they say to download an iamge from BitTorrent, etc would be illegal, its piracy.

7. ice60

ice60 Guest

Comp, thanks, it seems you maybe/are right. if you go to a torrent site and do this search with these key words -
    "VMWare files for patched Mac OS X Tiger Intel"
    then that is not legal, thanks for your help :)

8. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I have never believed this. I have read a lot of articles on this very subject, and Apple did not steal the technology from Xerox. That is like saying Chevy stole the automobile from Ford because they decided to build cars. With that thought process, we would all be driving Fords, and flying in Wright Brothers planes.

The fact of the matter is, GUI research started back in the mid 50's, and every researcher has been building on that. Steve Jobs visited PARC in 1979, but Jef Raskin, Macintosh project manager, started his GUI research in 1967. Steve Jobs visit to PARC only confirmed what he already believed.

Engineers, like artists and musicians, are influenced by their predecessors. If Robert Johnson held the sole rights for playing guitar, music would never evolve. There would be no Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, or Stevie Ray Vaughan

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

this is what i thought happened - it was new technology, thus very difficult to code, Jobs, or his friend, went to Xerox and saw they had managed to code the GUI - exactly what they were trying to do themselves. the Xerox programmers were very proud of their product and went on to say a little too much about how they had done it, exactly what would have happened at that time, when they would have thought of Apple as fellow hoppists. Apple then brought out their new product with icons and a mouse.

still like i said, most of that is from Pirates of Silicon Valley :D but, i think from Steve Wozniak too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.