How to do a manual immediate full backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homeport, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeport

homeport Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Home 2009, build 9709. I do NOT want to “schedule” a backup. All I want to do is to configure and immediately run a FULL backup manually. I have read the Help files and I cannot find any portion which tells me how to do this without going through the “Scheduling” options. Everything I read talks only about Scheduling. The Backup Wizard leads me through the configuration and clicking on “NEXT” going from one screen to the next one, it takes me through the “Source Selection”, “Target archive”, and then through the “Scheduling”, and finally to the “Summary”. If I choose “Do not schedule”, it will not run the backup when I finally get to the “Summary” screen. If I choose “Once only”, it gives an error message that reads: “Resultant Schedule: Error: Incorrect repetition period”. What is the step-by-step procedure for running an immediate full manual backup? Thanks for help.[/B]

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It should work as you are doing it, I never schedule any imaging. Sorry I can't remember exactly but I think you have to click on Summary or whatever at that screen to proceed.

3. homeport

I did click on Summary followed by Proceed. At that point, either the program would not run at all or it gave the error I mentioned. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the Help files for an "On-Demand" backup.

Is it possible to skip the Scheduling altogether and go directly from the "Target archive" to "Summary". Will this do the Backup?

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

You should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do. I do that frequently.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  5. homeport

Yes, the Run task now is checked. I note that you have all of your optional items checked. I note that there is no specific option for an "on-demand" backup. How do you run this type of backup?

When do you decide on the "Only Once" or the "Do not schedule" option. As I mentioned, for me, the "Do not schedule" option will not allow the program to run at all. Whereas the "Only Once" option gives the "Incorrect repetition error" message. Any thoughts why this happens?

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

What I believe you are seeing is a list of categories the wizard will take when creating a task. I do not have all options checked. Starting from the main screen select Backup and Restore. Select My Computer. Walk through all of the steps using the wizard and review each entry. I select ‘Do not schedule’. I then select Full for the backup method. Leave the three boxes in Files to exclude unchecked for now. In backup options review the choices for familiarization. Continue through the rest of the steps and select the Proceed button. You will need to go through the Scheduling screen to make a selection. This should work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. homeport

Thanks for the help.

8. XPBlack

XPBlack Registered Member

Hi,
    same problem here :(

When I select the manual task option (Do not schedule), even with "Run task now" checked, when I click on "Proceed" nothing happens and the status label for the backup process (in the lower left corner of the last window) always reports "Idle" state o_O
    The only workaround for this bug is to select the "Once Only" option in scheduling menu setting a starting time..:rolleyes:

9. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

Hi downloaded trial version of ATI Home 2009. Am getting the same problem as the other posters re: running an immediate full backup or One Click full backup manually.

Hope there is an answer to this, I was thinking of purchase.

10. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

This issue has been resolved for me by Acronis Support. Big thanks to Dmitry.
    Sent me a zipfile and after extracting and running the included batch file I created a backup using 'no schedule' and it ran first time without having to change it to Run Once. I then did the same for a Validation with the same result.

Well chuffed! :argh: :argh: :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.