How to disable NOD32 in Limited User Account?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sweater, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Just wondering if it's possible if I can disable my NOD32 while using the Limited User Account. o_O

You know, there are times that I need to temporarily disable it for some reason or another but I found out that I could not. :cautious:

Also, at one time I tried to use the smart scan while in a LUA, then when I come back to work to sit down on my pc I tried to stop the scanning process but I can't.

I know how important it is that malwares has no way in disabling my NOD32 but how bout if there's a need for me if I want to disable it? :blink:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have the "Require administrator rights" box checked under User interface -> Access setup ?

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I did not check any box in the Access setup.

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi,

As Marcos said, please enable that option to accomplish what you want. It can be found in the Advanced Setup tree, User interface -> Access setup section.

Require full administrator rights for limited administrator accounts -> Select this option to prompt the current user (if he or she does not have administrator rights) to enter administrator username and password when modifying certain system parameters (similar to the UAC in Windows Vista). The modifications include disabling protection modules or turning off the firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.