how to detect type of protection on software ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by fantasyff86, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantasyff86

fantasyff86 Registered Member

I was working on some application which got HDD serial number for registeration , Now I bought a new hard disk coz the old one crashed & be4 it crashed I had made an Image of the all system using Acronis true Image , But after restoring the image to the new hard disk ; the software detect the new hard disk & registration stops ,the softwrae depend on Local SQL server

can anyone help me plz?

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Contact the vendor to help. Wilders is not exactly forum for crackers. :rolleyes:

(P.S. I would never pay for an application with such protection. These are just penalizing the legit customers who paid $$$$ for the stuff, warez folks will just crack the thing and move on.)

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I don´t understand the P.S.

Many paid applications use this and similar protections. And cracked apps are not paid for.

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, too bad you do not understand. You would not be in such trouble if you did since you would have avoided similar products like plague. Basing this HW-related protection on an individual component such as HDDs that are replaced on common basis due to capacity reasons, storage consolidation or simply because of the old-fashioned HW failure is particularly idiotic and hostile to legitimate customers.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As suggested, contacting vendor is the best course of action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.