how to delete f0r0r

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by abigail, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abigail

abigail Registered Member

Hi. I had found the f0r0r worm with Norton, but of course it couldn't delete it. I have tried to find it with Trend Micro PC-illin and AVG and they didn't find it either.

I just tried Hijack This and it was found, but don't know if I can just click on the box on the log and delete it.

How can I do this??

Would appreciate any help

A

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Abigail, since you are in the TDS forum now my question:
    did you close all scanners you have and using just one of them to see it, after the other scanner with all the others closed and see again, and with all other scanners closed what did TDS see?
    In TDS you can delete it from the alerts window just like that.
    I would have expected your other scanners --the first that found it-- to have dealt with it, cleansed, deleted, quarantined, making unaccessable for all other scanners and files. So make sure all scanners closed completely before using a next scanner, TDS, whatever.

There is a good description in Subratam's newsletter about what the nasty does and removal instructions in the bottom. Please follow them carefully step by step.
    http://subratam.org/?page=newsletter1

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.