How to Delete Backups in Acronis True Image 11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AKAJohnDoe, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I know I can manually delete them via Windows Explorer, of course, but cannot find anywhere in the product to do it. Anyone see it?

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AKAJohnDoe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image does not have specific tools for backup deletion.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.

So the only ways to manage them is manually, or via the Backup Location Rules?

You might also update the standard response text to reflect the correct version. I am running V11, not V10.

4. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Well , I deleted one by rightclicking it & going to delete. However it says,"You can't delete this but do you want to try it anyway "; so I did it & it worked (for me anyway). Good luck!

5. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Registered Member

I find it astonishing that one has to resort to Windows Explorer to delete backups in ATI. Would you please explain the rationale behind that?

JPC

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It never occured to me to delete backups from within the ATI gui when I can just delete them like regular files in windows.

Otoh, you can set up things so you have automatic deletion after user-set file limits are reached -- add to that scheduled tasks and that's badsically set it and forget it backups.

7. SloPoke

SloPoke Registered Member

Having ATI 11 managing deletion of backups makes a lot of sense. It could prevent you from deleting an incremental from the middle of a set, or take care of deleting the subsequent incrementals from a set when you do, or automatically delete the associated incrementals and differentials when you delete the base image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.