How to delete a Scan Profile after creation?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ThomasAdams, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

I added a new profile, and for the life of me, do not seem to be able to "Remove" it. I open up NOD 32 (from systray) click Setup and hit F5.I click on Profiles and highlight the profile I want to remove in the Profiles list. I click remove, OK and OK, and when I go back to the Profile editing, it is still there...

The only thing I could think of is that when you create a new profile if it is then associated with a scan, perhaps it will not let you delete it... ? However I checked and cannot find it in use anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!o_O

Best regards,
    TAd

NOD 32 Version 3.0.650.0

Case #115496

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, this behavior is typical of a permissions issue. Make sure you are logged in as administrator or have admin rights before deleting that profile...

3. ThomasAdams

Eryan,

Thank you for the reply. I am logged in as administrator (user with admin rights), and I am on windows XP SP2. I have not gotten any other errors aside from the initial install where the virus update would not auto update. A manually performed update corrected this, no issues with updating since (I think it has been 3-4 virus definition updates) initial install. Any other ideas?

Best regards,
    TAd

4. ThomasAdams

Anyone able to reproduce this? I am thinking about going for a clean reinstall if no one else is experiencing this one.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not experiencing what you are. So I'd reinstall.

6. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

I noticed several times, that after closing the options dialog with "OK" NOD32 did not save the actual changes; it's a bit annoying (but less annoying than a complete reinstall and new configuration). Try the same (removing the profile in your case) 2 or 3 times and it should be done. (At least, this is how NOD behaved here.)

7. ThomasAdams

Thanks Cosmo, I tried as you suggested and it was a no go. I then went and exported my settings. I opened the xml, editing (removed) the custom profile and re imported the edited file and it is still there. I think I will try for a clean install/reinstall. I also had problems adding the profile, I tried multiple times as you stated and it finally took. Very odd indeed!

8. ThomasAdams

Will do, and after trying to use the export/import settings I think I will just reset everything manually. Then do a save :) Of course after I assure that I can add/remove custom profiles.

Edit:

Uninstall/Reboot/Reg entry removal/reinstall fixed it. I can add and delete profiles with ease :)

A suggestion to ESET, the uninstaller needs some work on NOD 32 Ver. 2.7/Ver 3. as alot of things are left behind in the registry.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.