How to copy an OS ?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sky77715, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky77715

sky77715 Registered Member

One of my customers had a corrupted W2K operating system. He uses Acronis OS selector to multiboot.
    The partion contaning the corrupted OS had 2 W2k OS on it. He used one for his work and the other for experimental purposes. The experimental one got corrupted so i removed it.
    I tried to make a copy of the other OS to avoid long installation procedures.
    The parition is 8 GB, and the current OS takes less than 3GB. When i try to copy the OS, i get a message there's not enough free space to copy the OS.
    What am i doing wrong ??

Sky

2. zambosky

zambosky Registered Member

o_O
    Well i have the same issue .. i contacted support service via e-mail Jan 31st and they told me "This issue has been forwarded to our development team. We will let you know the results of their investigation as soon as possible. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with the response".
    I'm happy i'm not the only one in this trouble .. maybe they'll find quickly a solution ...
    By the way, if i look into the partition from another os installed, i can see that all systems dirs are empty !! All dirs and files are stored under the bootwiz directory ... i asked myself how to have them back ... what do you think abotu it o_O
    Please Acronis, help us resolving this trouble !!

Paolo, Italy

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sky and Paolo,

We will certainly solve the issue. However it may take time to do that. Could you please send me a private message with the link to this thread and your Acronis request #? I will find out how the investigation is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.