How to connect to Acronis Agent on a linux based internet server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by itguru, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itguru

itguru Registered Member

I've been charged with seting up and configuring online servers for a client. Now, the linux based agent is already connected - And I cannot connect my remote managment console to the agent. What ports do I need to make sure are open, and what configuration do I need to do on the server, to allow me to connect?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello itguru,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Products

Can you please clarify the following? What is the exact title of the product and the build number? What are the operating systems where management console and agent are installed? Are there any error messages when you try to connect to the agent?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. itguru

itguru Registered Member

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for time in getting back to you. I have had a few issues.

On the first server - I have installed AcronisTrueImageAgentLinuxEnterprise.i686 which was extracted, and run on the linux server as root. This all went well, and the agent is running on the system. I have attempted to connect to this agent using the Acronis True Image Managment Console - And I get an event E000807D5

I know that I have a very restirctive firewall in place, due to the nature of what the server does.

Any help in initially connecting to the server using the managment console would be appreciated.

Also, I have no problems with the linux command line, I would love to run the backup jobs manually, any pointers as to how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

*** System Info ***
    I'm using the Acronis*True*Image Management*Console (build*8,206) running on Windows XP

My linux box is a CentOS 5.2 install running AcronisTrueImageAgentLinuxEnterprise.i686 version 9.7.8206
    *** System Info ***

4. itguru

itguru Registered Member

*BUMP* - I'm just bringing this question to the surface, a lot of views on this but no answers - Anyone?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello itguru,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

The most probable cause is that Acronis True Image Enterprise service is not started on the Linux machine to which Acronis Management Console fails to connect.

the service needs to be started on the Linux machine using the following command:

# /etc/init.d/acronis_agent start

Unfortuantely, backups on Linux system can be run from Management Console connected to Agent only.

Note that we have separate product designed for Linux: Acronis True Image Echo Server for Linux.

You can download the trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Linux here in order to see how it works on your server.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.