How to configure NIS2009 properly?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by powser, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powser

powser Registered Member

I've read a few threads over the past week or so, I still don't think I've managed to get some settings right.

I just want NIS2009 to automatically block every program that I have not allowed. If I want to unblock it I should be just able to go to the program control section and change the tab to allow.

Also, in silent mode, it seems to allow everything that doesn't have a rule for it. How do I make it autoblock everything without a rule??

Thanks for the input..

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Powser, Welcome to Wilders.

Silent mode will set the firewall to "Automatic" and allow known trusted programs.

I have just installed NIS 2009 to see what rules are available, but have not yet found a way to block all not previously allowed. So at the moment it is a case of setting the "Automatic program control" to OFF, then just allow/block when popup given.
    I will continue to look to see if I have missed a setting/option possible rule anywhere.

- Stem

3. powser

powser Registered Member

hi! Thanks for the welcome Stem.

:) I still think it's quite strange that a firewall with such "advance rules" settings can't seem to work in whitelist mode >>__>>

I've played fiddled around more but still can't seem to find a proper setting for it. Hope you're having better luck there! Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.