How to configure KAV to be only on-demand scan?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by E.T, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.T

E.T Guest

How to configure KAV to be only on-demand scan? I´m a KAv user, and I´ll trial NOD32 2.5... I would like to have NOD32 as realtime scanner and KAV to be only a backup scanner, so how can I do this? What KAV services should I disable?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

What version are we taking about? For this 4.5 would be best.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In Kav 5.0.388 do like in the screen shot. First click settings then click configure realtime protection and then realtime protection settings (small print on bottom of UI)

Attached Files:

4. E.T

E.T Guest

I´m running KAV Pers PRO 5.0.388

If I only disable de realtime scan, the KAV Control centre will still being inicialized with Windows?

5. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

I run NOD32 as my realtime scanner and KAV 5.388 Personal as my on demand scanner with no problem. I would use the Personal edition since you only want it as an on demand scanner.

Yes, the control center will still run. This should not cause any issue. You can elect to disable the control center as well by going to settings then addtional settings from the GUI and then uncheck "launch KAV on startup" However, doing so will only allow updating manually. I like mine to run in the tray so I get auto updates.

Just make sure to disable ALL realtime scanning as described by bigc73542 being you already have it installed. You could have elected to do this manually at the time of install. Leave all services by KAV alone as per your first question in post #1. The drivers need to stay loaded to intialize the scanning even for on demand.

6. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Why someone to install KAV (as an on demand scanner) instead to go to KAV web page and use the updated KAV Online Scanner? Is there any difference?

7. wellidunno

wellidunno Guest

it makes a difference if the person doesnt have an internet connection at the time and wants to scan their computer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.