How to configure ESS 4.2 with thunderbird

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Subgud, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I am using TB 3.1.2 and I am planning to install ESS 4.2 latest buildt. My question is.. In the TB menu under account settings and under my gmail imap account settings there is a folder called unwanted email "spam mail".

Here you can change a setting called " trust unwanted headers sett by" then you choose SpamAssassin or SpamPal. ( my TB is norwegian language so plese bear over with me)

Is it any way ESS can be configured so I can have ESS as an option there as well as SpamAssassin and SpamPal? Cause I use IMAP and I have put my spamfolder to connect with the spamfolder in my gmailaccount.

I know that if I use the ESS plugin and its default folder I will get a new folder called eset antispam or which ever name I call it. But then again ESS will create a new folder on my gmail account and it will not be connected with the gmail spam folder which is exellent!

Anyone??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not necessary to have ESET in the list. That option only means that TB will take into account the headers appended by antispam on mail servers an email has gone through.

3. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Aha. So it would be the same if I set ESS to filter spam and use the gmail acoount folder as default

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.