How to COMPLETELY remove True Image 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BLKMGK, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLKMGK

BLKMGK Registered Member

I have purchased an upgrade to True Image 11 from True Image 9. When attempting to uninstall TrueImage9 I'm told that the uninstall package is corrupt and cannot be removed. I have removed as many entries from the Registry as possible and files from my HD - yes this was "interesting" as my machien refused to boot for awhile. Now TrueImage11 nearly installs - it gets all the way to the VERY end f the install, to include placing icons on my desktop, stops - says it was interrupted - and removes itself. Quite frustrating!

More frustrating was sending Acronis "support" a description of the issue, an MSI log, and then receiving a form letter back. After following those instructions as best I could (it no longer appears in my controlpanel and couldn't uninstall from there when it did and the MSI cleanup did nothing) I responded to the support letter - and after two days received the EXACT SAME form letter back! o_O

I've used this product for years and endorsed it a great deal to others but this is pretty sad. Is there no way to simply remove it in order to try a clean install?:rolleyes:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Follow the link in my signature.

Colin

3. BLKMGK

BLKMGK Registered Member

Thank you!

While that is for Acronis TI11 and not TI9 it was good enough to help me find all of the crevices and cracks that it was hidden in. It would certainly seem that Acronis ought to write an app to do this removal in cases like this since the MSI installer doesn't seem too terribly robust! :blink: Had their techs actually read what I sent them they coudl have sent me something along those lines and allowed me to clear this up days ago.

TI11 has now installed, fingers crossed that all works well, again thanks!:thumb:

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If one had the inkling, one could build a batch file to do the file and directory deletions it along with a .reg file for the registry entries, which also could be run from the batch file.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah persuade Mustang to derive a plug-out perhaps? :rolleyes:

Colin

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I wouldn't want to distract him from the add-ins and what littel time he has to spend on those ;-) Unistalling ATI is not worse than about half the programs I've uninstalled. It would be nice if they released a complete removal program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.