How to clean fully an heavily infected pc.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by taleblou, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Today I heavily infected a vm win 7 with tons of malwares and PUP and let it to get infected badly. Then I used the following tools and the result was every infection was 100% gone and the pc was as good as new. So thought maybe these can help someone in need.

The tools were:

hitman pro, malwarebyte, superantispyware (Surprised to see it has a good PUP detector), Rising pc doctor v7, Emsisoft antimalware free, 9-lab, Panda cloud cleaner, baidu pc faster, adwcleaner, JRT and rogue-killer. Each scanner found some malwares the other before it missed. For cleaning and fixing the the leftover damages to the windows I used ccleaner and UVK.

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Try Herdprotect (from my sig).

3. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

"This version is a scanner only, it will not remove detected malware"

What good is that??

4. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

You can use something else to remove the infected files after you detect them. At least you can be sure if the system is clean. It shows a lot FPs but then again detects a lot too.

5. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

It seems like a potentially good program however a removal option would make this app allot more desirable. I may try it.

6. taleblou

hehe, I used herd protect as detector of the level of infections. before cleaning and disinfecting, herd protect detected over 70 of which 38 were real (excluding false positives). After running all those tools, I ran herd protect again and it showed ZERO this time. I checked manually the pc and except for 2 EMPTY malware folders which I deleted, no sign of any infections left. That was the first time I could get a infected test system fully 100% clean with no malware left-over.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It will have that soon:

8. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

taleblou, was there any percentage of malware that wouldn't run, because VM-aware?

9. taleblou

well a couple or of them. I saw about 3 of them in my tests.

10. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Reflash BIOS and other firmware. Erase entire hard drive, including hidden partitions like HPA/DCO. Hope you have covered everything, although reformat or restoring from image is usually enough.

Actually, just restore a snapshot next time. Okay enough of that, you're free to check out my sig for more products to test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.