How to check how many licenses are currently in use:

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by kakulacis, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kakulacis

kakulacis Registered Member

Hallo!

We have license for 75 clients, but clients are very decentralized in a terms of geographical location, so only way we could update our license was by sending users username and password. Now we would like to find out how many licenses are currently in use, so we would know how many additional clients we can install. I suppose that ESET update servers are checking how many eset clients with some unique id are connecting, but can this information be somehow available to customers?

Sorry for my English.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

You'll need to set up the RAS software on a server and point your clients at it for centralized management, at which point the license manager can keep track of how many you have left. If you have VPN links up between your sites and a domain, it should be fairly easy as you can use group policy to push down the registry key that will configure your clients to report to the RAS. If you aren't so lucky, you're going to need to put your RAS on an exposed IP or port forward the client reporting port in to it and then manually pass around the registry key and hope that people will actually run the merge.

3. kakulacis

kakulacis Registered Member

I have RAS on central office, but i won't ever want to put it available on public net (i don't trust RAS security capabilities). And i can't make static VPN links because there is bunch of portables that connects through different ISP (mobile, public wireless etc.)

What i want to know is whether ESET will provide me with that information if i would e-mail or phone them (and we all know that they gathers statistics about updating clients).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.