How to change the Primary Server address remotely

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by derekmarkerink, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derekmarkerink

derekmarkerink Registered Member

I just pushed a large number of NOD32 antivirus 4 clients, and discovered i accidentally used the wrong Primay Server address.
    The clients are not reporting in.

Is there any way to remotely change the Primay Server address?
    Is there any text file on the client where i can change the Primay Server address?
    Or can i copy a new configuration.xml to a client?

I discovered the management server is located in the registry under
    HKLM\Software\Eset\Eset security\currentversion\plugins\01000600\profiles\@my profile in the key RAClientServer, but i cannot change this key remotely with REG ADD, as domain admins don't have default permissions there.

Greetings from the netherlands,

Derek.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately, it's necessary to reinstall EAV/ESS on client workstations using a correct ERA server configuration.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you run a DNS server, try making a CNAME record that resolves the incorrectly typed name to the right one. If they start reporting in, then you can push down a config change to fix it.

4. derekmarkerink

derekmarkerink Registered Member

That won't make our server admin very happy, it is the SBS server itself.

We will temporary install the mirror on the sbs, give all the clients the new management address, and after a few days uninstall the mirror from the sbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.