How to change the Eset password on clients

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by woodsman707, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsman707

woodsman707 Registered Member

Hi everyone,
    We have a site where Eset Nod32 was installed and pointed to a local server other than our centralized server. When this was set up, the admin at the site didn't use our standard password and he's no longer with the company. I need to either uninstall eset on each PC so that I can remotely deploy it from our centralized serbver or change the local password on that clients at that site so that they can update from our centralized server. How do I change the password or uninstall Eset if i don't know the existing password?

Thanks,
    Justin

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be to run the Uninstall tool in safe mode. However, this won't be an easy task if you have a lot of computers that don't connect to your ERAS.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

If you do not have access to the machine that is running the ESET Remote Administrator Server, the server controlling those clients then, yes the Uninstall tool would be best.

If you have access to the computer that has the ESET Remote Administrator Server (ERAS) for those Clients and however, cannot access it because of a password protecting access to the ESET Remote Administrator Server, see this ESET KB Article.

Then follow the steps below to change the password without knowing the previous password for the clients.

Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console; connect to the Server with the clients you want to change. Then go to tools>>Policy manager. Open the policy that is currently assigned to the clients. In the ESET Configuration Editor, tool down to ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus>>ESET Kernel>>Setup>>Protect setup parameters and select, Password to unlock. When the password prompt opens enter the desired password. That is all. Then, you simply wait for the clients to check in and receive the new configuration.

We can use a similar process in the same way so that you do not need to redeploy these clients from the centralized server. If we get access to them through the ESET Remote Administrator Server then we can instruct them to stop reporting to the other server and report to the centralized server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.