how to change folder permissions in an isr file?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by chrome_sturmen, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

ok i have an archive of an os, where at that time it was installed on a second hard disk. i have changed some things around in my case and now there's only the one hard disk. when i try to boot the os i've mentioned, it won't boot because i imagine the boot information is wrong.

i have a file explorer program that can see and allow changes in the hidden isr folders - i figure if i delete the boot folder from that snapshot and replace it with another boot folder from a snapshot that was installed since i changed to only one hard disk, it will work again.

the trouble is i cant delete the boot folder in that isr folder, i get an error "access is denied" does anyone know how i might approach taking full ownership of the folder so i can do this? thanks!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am confused. You say Archive and you can't boot to it. You can't not boot to archives, only to snapshots. I am still not sure what you are trying to do.

Pete

3. chrome_sturmen

hi pete - i restored the archive to a snapshot. getting the snapshot to boot though, requires me to modify a folder in the snapshot-- i have a program that can access isr files, but im getting a permission denied error when i try to modify the boot folder (i am booted into a completely other snapshot, so im trying to alter the boot folder of an inactive snapshot. if theres no way to modify it i guess i can just dump the snapshot no big deal

4. Peter2150

I gather the archive wasn't from the snapshot currently on the disk. Unless someone else has an idea you may have to dump it and start over

5. chrome_sturmen

thanks for the help Pete - i may just drop the snapshot, it wasnt anything crucial. :D

6. Peter2150

Your welcome. If it's nothing critical indeed it would be wiser to just start fresh.

7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

did you try stopping the isrservice ?
    That usually allows full access to the snapshot files.

From Cmd line or in can try in Admin tools> services

8. chrome_sturmen

thanks longboard, will give it a shot next time the situation calls for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.