How to buy Antivir Premium license?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The latest AV-Comparatives test results have convinced me to consider buying AntiVir Premium. However, when I follow their "purchase" link, it takes me to THIS site, which...

1- States prices exclusively in EUROs, including VAT. Parts of the site are in German.

2- Asks for a checksum for my credit card -- which I have NO idea what they are talking about. The site offers no explanation. I tried leaving this block blank but it won't accept the entry without it. So I gave up. (Screenshot is below, but with personal data omitted)

It seems to me that these folks are not quite ready for prime time. They make it so diffiicult to buy their product that it is VERY off-putting.

Does anyone know a link for buying the premium edition where they cater to United States folks?

Attached Files:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont know but my dad managed to order from it in the UK.

im hoping to get a secound licence for the desktop soon lol

but sorry i cant help you

3. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Bellgamin,
    I think the "checksum" they are asking for might be the 3- or 4-digit security code that a lot of credit cards have on the back of the card. I would try that and see if it works. It's just an odd terminology, perhaps--calling it a "checksum."
    Good luck!:)

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Maybe this will help:

http://www.brainjar.com/js/validation/default2.asp

5. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

My creditcard has a security code with the last 3 digits as the checksum.
    Use this link (English) and you can't go wrong. By filling in US as your country, it should show the price in dollars!
    https://shop.antivir-pe.de/en/shop/produkte/premium/index.html

6. Firecat

I think this would make sense because as you can see in bellgamin's screenshot; there are three stars right above the box that asks for the checksum - maybe they are meant to indicate that you need to enter the 3 digit security code?

7. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

bellgamin......I'm in California, and I purchased AntiVir Premium a couple of weeks ago. The checksum they are asking for is the 3 digit security code on the back of the credit card. Some credit cards have a 4 digit code on the back.

I purchased AntiVir Premium using Visa, with the online statement showing 20 Euros. I believe that works out to about $25 US. I read some where that the credit card company will convert the Euros to USD when billing you. I haven't received my latest bill yet so I can't confirm, but that sounds logical to me. I would have to agree though, they should have the option to show the price in USD. It just makes sense. The Euro only, might/could scare a lot of people off.

PS...Very happy with my purchase so far. :)

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye but i use the easier site. www.xe.com ive been using it for years and so easy to remember

10. bellgamin

Thanks to all. Evidently (as many of you suggested) the "checksum" is calling for the 3-digit code. But if so, why doesn't the website explain this fact (as other websites do), & why is the checksum entry block waaay bigger than would be required for merely 3 digits?

In any event I have decided to hold off a while because the structure of their website leads me to believe that allowing me to pay for a license would be "tolerated" moreso that desired.

11. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

In any event I have decided to hold off a while because the structure of their website leads me to believe that allowing me to pay for a license would be "tolerated" moreso that desired.

Exactly my feelings, have started to purchase on several occasions but backed off due to lack of $USD being indicated. Maybe they are not interested in American sales.

12. Big Apple

What a great nonsense, you should see the number of sites in $USD for the European folks. Everything is just changed into the proper currency when purchasing with your creditcard! No reason for me not to buy! And certainly regarding Antivir, you won't be sorry!

13. Firecat

Your credit card company will convert the Euro currency into US Dollars. When it appears on your credit card bill, it will appear in USD currency and not Euro. This is how it has always worked for me.

14. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Exactly what I said. Well maybe not exactly, but pretty darn close. ;) :D

15. Firecat

I know from experience because I have purchased software whose cost was displayed in various currencies like HKD, USD, AUD etc. But always the credit card bill shows it in my local currency only. After all, the banks are very well aware that foreign currency bills on their credit cards may cause panic among customers :)

16. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Wow. So European vacation is out of the question for you? :p

tD

17. Big Apple

Better to stick to the American soil: Everything is 'much bigger' and 'much better'. Even the dollar is all mighty, scared to buy for another currencyo_O
    Better stay safe, you never know!
    Wonder how all those countries, where the American Military is busy, feel!

18. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Does anyone know if you can adjust the heuristic level on the free version, or can you only change these settings on the premium?

Thanks
    Suggers

19. nicM

nicM nico-nico

What?!! :blink: ...

€ vs $ rates if needed.

@Suggers : Yes, of course you can select heuristics level with Classic version; just make sure "expert mode" is enabled in the configuration panel.

nicM

20. Technodrome

Folks lets stay on topic here.

I did purchase the Premium edition a few month back (without any problems at all). You should not have any problems with this sale as long as you know what "checksum" stands for. :)

After sale you will receive a nice invoice (in PDF file) with everything on it. As mentioned before your CC will convert currency automatically to USD.

tD

21. bellgamin

Fine, I understand NOW about using various currencies online -- something new for me. When I was young & visited other nations, we had to buy their currency. That was back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, of course.

I might add that there was no need for Big Apple, Technodrome, etc to get so sarcastic because you knew something about buying with other currencies that I didn't. I taught school for many years before retiring. Thank goodness I never felt it necessary to use sarcasm or belittle others when I taught them new information.:doubt:

22. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

If I buy Antivir paid, then do I get to download all future version for a year, like with the integrated firewall etc?

What's the renewal fee?

23. Technodrome

Bellgamin,
    Sorry if my reply offended you. It was directed to Honyak post and I meant for this to be a joke and not sarcasm. So once again accept my apology. :thumb:

tD

24. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

How is Antivir Premium's Spyware/Adware detection?

How is the phishing detection, does it work with all browsers?

And lastly what's the yearly renewal fee?

25. Firecat

Anti-Phishing should work with most common browsers.

I would expect Adware/Spyware detection to work well, though there is not a reliable test for Antivir's spyware detection yet.

The yearly renewal, AFAIK, is the same cost as the initial one year license purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.