How to bundle polipo and privoxy?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by esadd, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esadd

esadd Registered Member

I really want a Tor Browser Bundle with polipo and privoxy combined and work together. I made my own bundle modified from Tor Browser Bundle for Windows, but my bundle can only use one of them privoxy or polipo not both, privoxy is the default. I just don't know yet how to use both privoxy and polipo in the same bundle. Maybe someone can help. My bundle contains

vidalia 0.2.6
    tor 0.2.1.21
    firefox 3.5.6
    torbutton 1.2.4
    privoxy 3.0.15
    polipo 1.0.4 (optional)

Take a look

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

You simply put both of them in your bundle, then configure them corectly. From Polipo FAQ:

3. esadd

esadd Registered Member

of course, is not the case, the problem I still have to run one of them manually or separate from the bundle (Start Tor Browser.exe can not run them both but one)

.\App\privoxy.exe and -c .\Data\Privoxy\config

or

.\App\polipo.exe and -c .\Data\Polipo\config

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  4. esadd

esadd Registered Member

My bundle was already on fastfreefilehosting before torbrowser1.3.0 is out, probably it was the first Tor bundle with firefox 3.5.x before torbrowser1.3.0. I try to introduced it the first time in the comments on torblog. A few days later when torbrowser1.3.0 is about to came out at the same time my posts relating to it on torblog suddenly been removed, then the link to my file on fastfreefilehosting is broken and the file itself suddenly removed. Then every time I post about my bundle on torblog again, always deleted and removed

Tor Browser.exe

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.