How to boot to another disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jzucker, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzucker

jzucker Registered Member

Using True Image, I've backed up a bootable partition. I then restored this partition to another physical drive but the Acronis OS Selector software doesn't list the OS that appears on the 2nd drive. How do I get this to work?

2. jzucker

jzucker Registered Member

Re: Acronis support is terrible!

Well,

I'm going to recommend against acronis. I had a disk partitioned (by Windows XP Pro) with Drive C containing XP Home, Drive D Containing XP Pro. I wanted to re-partition a 3rd logical drive to house some disc utilities.

I re-partitioned the discs and it ruined the 2nd XP Installation and corrupted it's own boot manager. Only logical disk 0 would boot after the re-partitioning and it found CRC errors in the boot partition that Acronis created.

Furthermore, Acronis support folks never replied to my emails and when I tried calling them, I got a message saying there was nobody to service the voice mail system and it wouldn't even take a message.

I guess I'll ask for a refund.

Jaz

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Acronis support is terrible!

Hello jzucker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please let me know the Acronis # of your request? Have you received an automated reply from us with the instructions on how to create Acronis report?

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.