How to boot to another disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jzucker, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzucker

jzucker Registered Member

Using True Image, I've backed up a bootable partition. I then restored this partition to another physical drive but the Acronis OS Selector software doesn't list the OS that appears on the 2nd drive. How do I get this to work?

2. jzucker

jzucker Registered Member

Re: Acronis support is terrible!

Well,

I'm going to recommend against acronis. I had a disk partitioned (by Windows XP Pro) with Drive C containing XP Home, Drive D Containing XP Pro. I wanted to re-partition a 3rd logical drive to house some disc utilities.

I re-partitioned the discs and it ruined the 2nd XP Installation and corrupted it's own boot manager. Only logical disk 0 would boot after the re-partitioning and it found CRC errors in the boot partition that Acronis created.

Furthermore, Acronis support folks never replied to my emails and when I tried calling them, I got a message saying there was nobody to service the voice mail system and it wouldn't even take a message.

I guess I'll ask for a refund.

Jaz

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Acronis support is terrible!

Hello jzucker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please let me know the Acronis # of your request? Have you received an automated reply from us with the instructions on how to create Acronis report?

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.