How to block video popup on bleacherreport with ublock?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LaRock0wns, Feb 8, 2017.

1. LaRock0wns

LaRock0wns Registered Member

I'm trying to figure how to block up the popup video ads on bleacherreport. Example:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...los-osos-high-school-latest-comments-reaction

If you scroll down to the bottom, a pop up will start playing a video. If I do an element picker and pick any of elements for the the video player to block (ie ##.focused.flyin.videoFlyin.atom), the video still plays in the background. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the video from stop loading.

I also see a link to bleacherreport.com/js/src/components/molecules/ads.js but I'm not sure what I would add to block this either

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

lower right?
    use the picker and select
    ##.focused.flyin.videoFlyin.atom

or insert
    bleacherreport.com##.focused.flyin.videoFlyin.atom
    into "my filters"

no video here, may be delivered thru youtube - is blocked here by 3p-script
    use the matrix as advanced user and block youtube
    https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Dynamic-filtering:-quick-guide

3. LaRock0wns

LaRock0wns Registered Member

The problem with blocking the videoFlyin is that it blocks the actual popup player, but the video still plays in the background,

If I block 3p-script, then the page doesn't load correctly at all. If I block youtube, video still plays

If I block akamaihd.net the video seems to not play, but how would I add that to My Filters? bleacherreport.com##akamaihd.net doesn't work (I'm just trying to understand how the filter actually works)

TIA for your help

4. guest

guest Guest

The video is delivered via XHR, look in the log and make a rule for the XHR-Request.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.