How to add pinnacle game profiler to Appguard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by garry35, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

as in the topic does anybody know how to add pinnacle game profiler to Appguard. so far i can only get it to work with Appguard in install mode. pinnacle game profiler is a program to allow joypad,joystick in games that dont support it. here is a link to their website http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

Gazzer

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

If you have turn the protection on again, you can see the blocking events in the events window from the main screen, that should tell you what actions of pinnacle game profiler are being blocked so you can now what to exclude.

3. garry35

thanks for the reply so far i have tried :-

finding main executable and adding as a power app - but still refuses to run

finding main exe and adding as a guarded app and allowing memory read and writes - still wont run

each time the appguard log shows some errors and the associated files, but even after finding and adding those files as exceptions it still wont run

but when setting appguard to install mode it runs

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

5. garry35

will support deal with or just give the usual response that its a 3rd party program and out of their control, and most likely suggest i take it up with pinnacle.......who will then pass the buck back to appguard and i end up in an endless loop :(

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

I don't know, I haven't dealt with Support so far.

7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I just received your support information. I will be responding via email. But basically we will need to see what AppGuard events are happening when your game is blocked.

8. garry35

here are the errors from the appguard console as above

07/12/13 17:18:26 Prevented process <pinnacle_vuac.exe - c:\program files\powerup software\pinnacle game profiler\pinnacle.exe> from launching from <c:\users\gazzer\appdata\roaming\powerup software\pinnacle game profiler\putemp>.

9. garry35

just a brief update. it turns out i was adding the wrong .exe file by mistake :(
    , as soon as i added the correct .exe as a guarded app the problem was solved and now all appears to work as expected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.