How to add new addresses to ban list?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by +Jeffrey+, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +Jeffrey+

+Jeffrey+ Guest

yeh... i want to add new addresses to the ban list.. but i find no way to do that.
    (not the activex controls in coustome blocking, it only blocks activex~~)
    ty for ur help~~

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you clarify your question a little more? Are you talking about SpywareBlaster and adding "restricted zone" sites with it for Internet Explorer? Or perhaps even site blocks for Mozilla and/or Firefox?

If so, you can't do that within SpywareBlaster. The reason SpywareBlaster has a custom blocking list for CLSID's is that there is no easy way built-in to IE to add a block on one of those yourself. But, blocking websites can be done right inside IE's interface (ie. using the Tools menu > Internet Options... > Security tab > Restricted sites icon > Sites... button), so you really don't need SpywareBlaster to add sites you want to make restricted yourself.

3. +Jeffrey+

+Jeffrey+ Guest

Ty, I found the Restricted sites~, working hard to block those pop up advertisments..~.~....

4. dog

dog Guest

You might like to try using IE Spyad and This Host file which will greatly aid you in blocking those sites. ;)

HTH, ;)

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.