How the iPhone 5 is made

Discussion in 'hardware' started by roger_m, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

http://micgadget.com/29723/the-unde...-new-iphone-5-is-made-inside-foxconn-factory/

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hehe I would say that this is not only how the iPhone 5 is made, but electronics in general.
    And to defend Apple a little, afaik they are the only? company that have taken direct actions to actually try to improve working conditions in the factorys they use.

And I have said it many times, the reporters/journalists should take a look inside Sony, Samsung, Huawei -insert brand- factorys to see what they look like too.
    Would they look a lot different...I would guess not. o_O Not in China at least.

Hopefully Apple will push Foxconn harder to further improve the conditions, and I hope that other manufacturers will do the same!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Since Apple is such an important customer to Foxxconn i guess they really try hard. :D

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Apple is Foxconns biggest customer yes. But I would guess that all of their customers are important more or less.

But what do you mean by trying hard, and who is ? :doubt:

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I mean Foxconn trying hard and pushing their employees to their limits so they get as much devices as possible for the lowest cost (Economy of scale). (I mean abusing their employees :ouch: )

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I see. That's very possible, at least that's what the "supervisor" wanted..."we are all here to earn money" But I think that pushing happens in almost all factorys, at least in China.

I read earlier this year that Foxconn was going to hire 18000 people only for the iPhone 5 manufacturing, so we can hope that led to less pushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.