HOW THE HECK!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DVD+R, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

o_O Ok, so it might be a fine program, but the thing is, I want to test something, and before I can I need to uninstall ESS but it wont do so! It says another program has exclusive rights to ESET blah blah blah whatever, and to shut down all other programs and try again Well I did so, and it still wont uninstall :mad: I guess I'll have to Rollback to another day now, but I didnt want to have to :mad:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Restart your computer and try the uninstall. If you can't uninstall at that point, reinstall and immediately try an uninstall.

Is this the trial version 3.0.566 you are trying to uninstall?

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

No ron, I purchased it just before Christmas, I renewed my licence I got from Eset Australia, they are doing a promotion, and you get a ESS licence offer available til 15 Jan 08 :cool: and my remaining time left plus my renewal gives me a subscription till 31 July 2010

Also its version 3.0.621

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I believe there is a problem with the installer on version 3.0.621. I have had it hang on an uninstall.
    The only way I found to uninstall it was to restart the computer by whatever means when it hangs on the uninstall, reinstall, and uninstall immediately.

XPHome SP2

5. kringles

kringles Registered Member

Had the same problem, hang on uninstall. Was able to cancel the uninstall, then ran uninstall again. Seemed to work the second time, at least no hang.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You'd better report this problem via the internal option so that they can gather some information about the machine and try to replicate >>> Help -> Contact Customer care

7. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I also cannot uninstall ESS 621.
    The problem is for me is that the log files will not permit their deletion.
    I run Vista & they are in ProgramData / ESET SmartSecurity/ logs.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hey I just thought :ninja: I wonder if that disabling self protection will solve the riddle :blink: It came to me after I got annoyed and rollled back after all :rolleyes:

9. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I uninstalled as well hing for a good minute or 2 before completing, I went back to 2.7,

10. s4u

s4u Registered Member

well uninstall surely takes look. But it is cleaning all files as it should be over here

11. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Come Again o_O

12. s4u

s4u Registered Member

I mean that uninstall indeed is very slow. But when it is installing the right way. It really does clean all ESET files

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.