how should i setup my 2 HDDs?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by iceni60, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i just got my new 200GB HDD. i was going to transfer everything from my 40GB HDD, which i have now, to it then backup stuff to the 40GB drive.

how would you set it all up? i have 5 partitions on the HDD i have now. if you look there's a tiny bit of unallocated space after the xp (first) partition, that was a mistake.

Attached Files:

2. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

If I understood you correctly, I would had kept it simple by using all the 200 GB HDD as one active partition and all the 40 GB HDD as one backup partition. But as I can see you are also using linux then my advice would be to split the 200 GB HDD into two partitions and let the bootmanager handle it...But personally I would had get another HDD to your Linux OS.

Regards, C.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, but i only have 2 HDDs that's why i'm asking - incase there's something obvious i'm not thinking off. i can't think straight atm i've got to catch a train in 10 mins. i'll re-read your post when i get back. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.