How Removing Google Chrome 100% Clean

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mant, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mant

mant Registered Member

I try Google Chrome, and install it just for test. Now, I don't trust Google Chrome anymore, feels like giving all my password to Bush. I successfully uninstall, but still need help cleaning all the registry that left behind. I don't know how.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Well Obama is now in charge... Without a registry cleaner, I don't think there are other methods than doing it manually (I assume you don't have an image of your system).

A few registry entries left behind from Google will not affect your system or spy on you.

3. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

what's wrong w/ google chrome? why does it make you feel like you're giving your passwords away to Bush? I'm not a chrome user, and want to find out. Care to elaborate?

If you're really paroid, format your system.

4. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I always make a full disk image (I use Paragon Drive Backup) just before I try out new software.

Then, if I don't like it, I just restore the pre-installation disk image. That way I don't worry about whether I found and cleaned everything.

It takes a little more time, but I just hit the enter key for a restore, and then go for a run.

5. raakii

raakii Registered Member

i use portable chrome .

6. mant

mant Registered Member

Thanks I'll format next day, you can download ProcessMonitor and start elaborate Google Chrome yourself.

For professional can elaborate Google Chrome from EULA (semi/half OpenSource), Omnibox, very high IO disk accessing with no reason, HitBox Gateway, No Master Password, and abnormal accessing file name History Index etc.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

most portables write some entries to your system,i guess specially Chrome,try regseeker in search mode and sure you will find some entries in the brain of windows. :D

8. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I restore a clean image . to remove all such entries , tough its an overkill:D

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

yes best way to get rid of changes is restore an image but otherwise these few leftovers don't hurt.

10. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

11. technomadlocz

technomadlocz Registered Member

If you need a good reg cleaner, try CCleaner. It's free and one of the best tools I know of. Also, next time you run something you are a little para-N about, run it using Sandboxie...... keeps it clean and contained.

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

There were known issues running chrome sandboxed but maybe its already fixed ?

13. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

yeah the new version don't work w/ sandboxie or thinapp. that's why i asked for info.
    restore is only good if you have a backup saved in the first place.

14. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Relax. Follow the uninstall instructions posted and go back to your life. Google is not spying on you. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.