How remove TDS-3?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Picasso, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picasso

Picasso Guest

Hi
    I have trialed TDS-3 and don't want to purchase it and I would like to completely remove it from my computer. On the DCS website it says to remove the registry keys found under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Diamond Computer Systems\TDS

Are these the keys i should delete?

1. (default) (value not set)

2. greet_enabled "1"

3. regproc "0"

Anything else i should delete? Thank you for your time.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Start menu / TDS-3 / uninstall TDS-3

That works.

3. Picasso

Picasso Guest

Thank you Detox, but i should have said i already did that and am still left with what i put in my first post. Is it completely safe to remove those 3 entries from the registry? I just don't want to cause problems with my computer by removing something i'm not completely sure about first. Normally i don't mess with the registry, but it says to remove the registry entries, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Diamond Computer Systems\TDS on the DCS website, to properly and fully remove TDS-3. Thanks.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Yes, its completely safe to remove those entries, OR to leave them. They wont ever be accessed so they are no problem

If you choose to remove them you should actually delete the "TDS" key (on the left, looks like a folder)

5. Picasso

Picasso Guest

Thank you Gavin. I'm still learning about all this stuff, so the help is appreciated. :)

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello, Picasso. :)

What did you not like about TDS-3 that made you not want to purchase it? Just curious.

7. Picasso

Picasso Guest

Hi Dazed_and_Confused

It's not i didn't like the program, it's just I don't feel I need that much protection at this time. I have a couple other anti-trojans, and many other serurity apps, so I feel my protection is pretty good, and I do pratice safe hex. Besides it can get rather expensive always purchasing new software. Maybe when TDS-4 comes out I'll look into that. :)

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You do have a point - but then one of the major factors in my buying TDS-3 was the free upgrade to a version of TDS4 upon its release :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.