How Reliable Is This-RogueRemover ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I think I raised this same question before. And I just tested it again, d/l v.1.13 and scanned. I did flag RegistryFix as a rogue app. I just upgraded RegistryFix to v.6 and it has been running very well in my system ever since its presence. I would like to ask memebers whether you have encountered similiar situation as mine; one of your favorite app is lablelled by this RogueRemover as a such. I have deliberately installed one of its targeted apps and let it to remove. To my surprise, RogueRemover can only remove the targeted app to the same extent as app's uninstaller can achieve. I still need to remove residues manually. Therefore, my question of this day is How much can you trust this RogueRemover? BTW it has Pro version and asking $$$. Interesting.:-*

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Hi Perman.I'm currently trialing RogueRemover Pro_Only have had it for about a week,so i havent had much time to form much of an oponion of it yet.It did get rid of something left from a very old download (Error Nuker) that I do remember from a few years back.(Thought I had gottin rid of that)The free version scans and removes rouge apps.The paid version scans,removes,blocks rouge websites that pawn this crap and monitors your system if you try to download a rouge app.http://www.malwarebytes.org/index.php
    Doesent seem to conflict with anything else on my pc.Still not sure if the pro is really needed,I might just go with the free one.I'll post back after I get a better feel with this app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.