How rate Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by 10390bc, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Hello Alll

Was wondering how you would rate Mozilla Firefox's security compared to other browsers like Opera, I.E. ect.... Thanks.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Opera and Firefox are more secure than IE. These browsers run on top of windows, so any hole in the application does not compromise the OS. Besides, they don't use the Active scripting and ActiveX functions. Especially ActiveX is evil.

In my opinion Firefox compares favourable to Opera. There have been more fixes for vulnerabilities for Opera than for Mozilla. It could mean that Mozilla holes have not yet been found, but I suspect that the Open Source software development makes for a more transparant codebase.

Yes, I'm running firefox.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I run opera and firefox and I feel pretty secure with either one. Although I have IE patched up and all security steps taken to tighten it up, I still feel more secure with opera and firefox.

4. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Thank you for the answers Gentelmen, just what i needed to hear. I'm switching to Firefox. :D

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

The fun part is: on windows it runs just as good as on linux :cool:

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I've got it on both my win2k machine and my win98se machines, loving it - keeps a lotta stuff from running wild on the win98se machine when my 4 year old plays games on some kid sites.

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that my wife fell in love with that "Spider Solitaire" as found on another relatives XP machine - I got a plugin for Firefox on our win98se machine of that game so my wife is rather happy with that as well now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.