How prevent internet access?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by parkit, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parkit

parkit Guest

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to prevent any internet access through a pc with Windows xp home. I was hoping to find a way to prevent anyone from using any browser (IE,Firefox,Opera,Netscape,offby1, ect.....) to access the internet off the pc, or even by using a cd or pen drive and running off that somehow.

Perhaps someone knows of a good lockdown utility that could be password protected and cannot by bypassed, shutdown or deleted, that could prevent someone from getting around my restrictions to access the internet. Thanks very much if you can help me out.

2. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

3. whatever

whatever Registered Member

well if you have a cable modem and you want it locked down get a small cable box that has a physical switch on it (check radioshack or elctronic parts store)..just an idea..

4. squash

squash Registered Member

Maybe you can just use a firewall and block all traffic both incoming and outgoing...

5. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

Try any good process ap control -- process guard free or ssm should fit the bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.