How often do you Tweak your security setup ?

Discussion in 'polls' started by arsenaloyal, Aug 26, 2012.

?

How often do you Tweak your security setup ?

1. Daily!!

9.1%
  2. One week or less

15.2%
  3. One month or less

18.2%
  4. Three months or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Six months or less

6.1%
  6. One year or less

27.3%
  7. One year +

24.2%
  1. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Actually One year or less: once I tried and tested all new security products, but now there are few real innovations, and some softwares that I think are the best in their area. I have two different combo that I hold the better, and I have not good reasons to try something.

3. philby

philby Registered Member

Have used the below for ages now and will only change if either of them morphs into something other - just hope SB remains its minimalist self.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

The only thing I do anymore is audit apparmor and compile a new kernel. This doesn't happen often.

5. moontan

moontan Registered Member

it's done automatically every time there's a new version of NoScript.

that's all i use.

maybe the OP should have added a "Not Applicable" option to the poll.

6. carat

carat Guest

Where is the option "3 times a day" for trjam? :D

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I do not, if it is working, no need to change anything, until something interesting comes up, usually about once a year. I just added Ghostery to the browser.

8. culla

culla Registered Member

set and forget :D

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

My answer is, when I update, or upgrade to a newer version other than that it's not really needed. :thumb:

10. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I'm assuming that "tweak" does not include maintenance such as updating file hashes for the firewall and HIPS rules. Other than adding context menu entries for DropMyRights, the only other real change in the last 6 months was trialling Sandboxie again as a privacy enhancement and an additional isolation layer for attack surface apps.

IMO, the poll options would have been more realistic if they used frequency during given time periods instead of time between tweaks. Options like a few times per week, few times per month, couple times a year, every 2 hours for some members, etc. For me, 2 or 3 times a year would be close on the XP units. On my primary, the setup doesn't change save for one experiment I've been working on irregularly for quite a while.

11. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Used to swap in & out AV's and other stuff every few months, try new stuff/setups, etc...

Ever since adding Sandboxie a little over a year ago, and replacing ShadowProtect with Macrium Reflect, I haven't changed a thing. And I doubt I will as long as I'm on XP.

But I'm always learning new things. As long as I've been on XP & Firefox, every month or so I still learn something about it I was oblivious to before. An about:config, or GP tweak, or whatnot. Just a month ago I learned a new trick in my Comodo D+ to harden my box, that I learned from a thread in here. So in that regard, the tweaking/learning never ends. But I think I've got the right software.

12. These days I just set and forget, I check what's the best AV suite once in awhile and change to that.

13. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Sandboxie with Panda Cloud, set and forget it :)

14. arsenaloyal

yes I have noticed it as well,once you add sandboxie to practically any setup,it becomes absolutely great.

Just a personal observation from me of the people I have recommended sandboxie.

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Just tweaked it a bit yesterday after a long time.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Used to tinker with it a lot before but since like a year and a half ago i rarely touch my security setup anymore . . . i guess priorities have changed. :D

17. arsenaloyal

good for you !

If it aint broke why fix it ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.