How often do you surf with a proxy?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DesuMaiden, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I do pretty much all of my surfing with a VPN (for stuff that requires javascript, flash and plug ins) and Tor (for posting on sites that don't require live content). What about you? The only time I don't use a VPN is when I am watching Netflix videos (since I can't watch it with a VPN for some strange reason).

2. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

The only time I use a proxy is when I am blocked because of where I live. it does not happen much. If a video says I can't watch it, I just don't bother with it, not that important.

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I generally don't need to sign into websites, so the proxy feature offered by ix-quick search is adequate for my needs. Most of my time is spent reading articles/blogs, manga, etc. I've been careful to select sites that don't block content when scripts are blocked either. Works well for my needs.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Well proxies didn't replace regular web browsing for me. Maybe it will if I regard everything I do online as private.

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I'm with J L... I don't use it unless I feel there's a need to. I don't like to compromise convenience/usability unless I feel there's a pending threat to my security/privacy otherwise.

I'm not using one now, for instance.

6. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

99.98% VPN / 00.00% ProxyHTTPS / 00.00% ProxySOCKS or otherwise.

7. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Same here Tal. I'd say 98%. My VPN is fast enough for 1080p YouTube (My bare connection is 55Mbs). The only time I don't is when I need to quickly check a video of an unboxing or something.

PD

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I agree. If your VPN can support 1080p streaming and over, there is really no reason not to use a VPN all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.