How often do you surf with a proxy?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DesuMaiden, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I do pretty much all of my surfing with a VPN (for stuff that requires javascript, flash and plug ins) and Tor (for posting on sites that don't require live content). What about you? The only time I don't use a VPN is when I am watching Netflix videos (since I can't watch it with a VPN for some strange reason).

2. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

The only time I use a proxy is when I am blocked because of where I live. it does not happen much. If a video says I can't watch it, I just don't bother with it, not that important.

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I generally don't need to sign into websites, so the proxy feature offered by ix-quick search is adequate for my needs. Most of my time is spent reading articles/blogs, manga, etc. I've been careful to select sites that don't block content when scripts are blocked either. Works well for my needs.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Well proxies didn't replace regular web browsing for me. Maybe it will if I regard everything I do online as private.

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I'm with J L... I don't use it unless I feel there's a need to. I don't like to compromise convenience/usability unless I feel there's a pending threat to my security/privacy otherwise.

I'm not using one now, for instance.

6. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

99.98% VPN / 00.00% ProxyHTTPS / 00.00% ProxySOCKS or otherwise.

7. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Same here Tal. I'd say 98%. My VPN is fast enough for 1080p YouTube (My bare connection is 55Mbs). The only time I don't is when I need to quickly check a video of an unboxing or something.

PD

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I agree. If your VPN can support 1080p streaming and over, there is really no reason not to use a VPN all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.