How my security setup (TimeFreeze sandbox and TrueCrypt) will eat up my SSD's life?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Valder, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valder

Valder Registered Member

I don't know where exactly I should post this as it is a little bit of everything: encryption, hardware and sandbox.

I have a 120 GB SSD with a 24 GB partition of Windows 7 (which sits on half of the partition) and a 80 GB TrueCrypt partition (which is mostly empty still, but TrueCrypt filled it with random data of course). On the Windows 7 partition I use Toolwiz TimeFreeze which creates a 4 GB sandbox file. I don't use hibernation but there is a 2 GB page file automatically created for the 2 GB of RAM (old machine, light office, web use).

The question is how fast this setup will eat up my SSD's life? Is there a good software to monitor it? SMART reading from CrystalDiskInfo and Kingston Toolbox (it's a Kingston drive) say it was written 270 GB on it and read 140 GB. I have the drive for about 5 days. OK, there was install at the beginning and TruCrypt wrote all those random data on the drive but isn't it too much or all just normal?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Re: How my security setup (TimeFreeze sandbox and TrRueCrypt) will eat up my SSD's life?

Moved To This Forum For More Exposure.

3. Valder

Valder Registered Member

Re: How my security setup (TimeFreeze sandbox and TrRueCrypt) will eat up my SSD's life?

I appreciate you for doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.