How much longer for NOD32, V2....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rogervernon, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Now that V3 is out, how much longer will v2 updating etc. be supported?
    I have to say I prefer V2 to V3, reactionary that I am.:D

2. poutine

poutine Registered Member

for good i hope !! or else i'll look elsewhere next year. ;)

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

As do I.. But remember that v3 includes a new engine that v2 does not. That might be something worth considering. V3 is not just a new gui.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

V2 will be supported approximately 2 more years :thumb:

5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

HighTech_boy,
    Does your share include the Enterprise Edition? I am on a 2-yr license (thru 02-2009 and plan to stay with v2.70.39 until v3.0
    firms up a bit more. And, I do so like how EE works.:thumb:
    It is completely invisible now; the whole house is happy and bug free.:D
    Best,
    Duncan

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

we heard "for the foreseeable future" -because of legacy operating systems.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , yes , because EE is still v2 -> in it there is nothing to update except v2's definitions (one doesn't update the RAS/RAC/Mirror parts)

8. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I really hope this two more years of support for v2.7 is true. This will allow me to renew this coming year and continue to use v2.7 for the next two years while ESET works out ALL the bugs in 3.x.

My main problem with v3 was a compatibility issue on a system that also used ZASS v7.x (w/AV disabled) as a firewall. When I had the ZASS advanced web site privacy protections enabled the cookies were being blocked from sites requiring a login. It didn't matter whether I disabled all privacy protection in ZASS for those particular trusted sites with a login or not. I had to continuously re-logon to those sites during a session and some common sites with a login simply did not work at all. This issue could also effect some system configurations running ZAP but I haven't seen it yet. NOD v2.7 with IMON does not have any of these web site login cookie problems. I am running WinXP SP2 on all my systems.

I don't completely understand why v3 causes this problem with ZASS but from what I have read in this forum it probably is the result of a conflict with some firewalls (such as ZA) and the proxy based web scanner in v3. If ESET and/or ZA can find a reasonable solution to this issue without disabling the advanced web based protection in either program then I will continue to use them. If this problem is not solved in the next two years then I will be forced to make a move away from one or the other of these two programs (or both).

9. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Hi SoCalReviews,
    In ZASS v7 (or any ZA version) disabling may not be sufficient to prevent conflicts. Vsmon stays unchanged. ZASS v7 uses KAV. There's very likely a conflict with the KAV drivers which stay around even if AV is disabled. I wonder what would happen if you tried ZA free v7 for a bit after a very, very, very /clean uninstallation of ZASS. Apparently when ZA free installs, while it's really a ZASS the features of ZASS aren't installed, therefore you might see different results. Just a thought :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.