How much can ESS defent itself?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by scirious, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

People, I like NOD very much and I'm really considering to upgrade to ESS wehn it is released. But I can't test it right now because I'm running a 64-bit system and I have a question for those that can test it. How can ESS defend itself? I mean, with NOD I could go to it's installation folder and delete it's components and dll's. Other suits I've tested denfent themsenvles in a way that I can't delete program componetns even if running as an administrator. How does ESS behaves in this aspect?

TIA,
    Scirious.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The same as NOD32 . ESS runs as a service and the service cannot be terminated .

Well , not exactly true . With admin rights everything can be done if you want to . You can find ways through the registry to disable the "self-defendse" or other ways you can delete any file . When there is a wish there is a way . That's why whatever it is done , whatever protection , if administrator with full rights touches , every barrier is bypassed ;)

3. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Well, I know that. But i mean, it was a lot harder than with NOD. With NOD I just deleted and with another one I had to go in safe mode, disable service automatically startup, than reboot, go in safe mode againd to be able to delete something. You have to agree that it is a lot harder this way. Don't you?

4. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

Deep Freeze is probably the most well defended program I have ever seen used... but, I don't know if ESS could be defended the same way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.