How marketers use algorithms to (try to) read your mind

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Krusty, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-16/how-marketers-use-algorithms-to-try-to-read-your-mind/9053372

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah their lame ideas are as razz as the way they try to brainwash your focus with this and that to force a mental picture in the mind to crowd out whatever else spins in it to their favor :cool: YOU have to control it not them.

They are so stupid thinking ALL the public is so smartphoned at the hip and ads etc. that they don't even realize those methods are so frequent they become 101% BORING and the mind immediately switches into DISMISS mode :D

In another stupid attempt to brain assault the senses from TV, I already have long rigged up a HDMI tether to a laptop fully crammed tight with good old family, sci-fi, and 007 shows and every other OLDER SHOW from glory days gone by, and I get to enjoy large flat-screen movie & shows entertainment completely free of nonsense lunatic commercials they now have timed where you can't even channel jump off of them to another station without either the same or another work of their art blowing hot air on MY TV!!

Caught on to that real fast (because it gets old fast) and disconnected that garbage from viewing access :p

So the only marketing influence coming this way is what this end user-watcher-listener chooses.

I even grown to wire my senses and brain to IGNORE the nonsense of those HD mini-tv sets in grocery chains babbling off a ton of silliness that doesn't maych my grocery list or could if they tried.

It's called Independence in my book but does require a little preparation in fighting back to clear your path forward with some peace of mind and armed with the knowledge how lunacy is the theme of things these days. :isay:

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Right on, brother!
    I hardly watch any live TV except the NEWS at times. Everything else I record on my PVR / DVR and skip all ads.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Can't blame you. Those are not real men anymore who control viewing and sponsorships sensibly but grown up (if you can call them that) juvenile delinquents that catering only to so-called new age perceptions that are so far removed from time honored balanced programming that they have their own directions out of joint. :confused:

It's pretty bad when I can find latest news first either through Twitter Feed (even YT) or sift through CCTV or Sputnik before Google News which they finished messing that one up too with the lazy new very long delayed format. They have the nerve and audacity to post things like 5 mins ago that you already caught up on over 2-3 hours earlier someplace else.

The mainstream media is completely and hopelessly lost their respectability and with talking over each other either in madness interviews where 5 people are blaring all at once (they get paid for that crap?) or repeating the lunacy phrase "when we return" like 20 times an hour show.

Give me a freaking break. They are so done in what they call journalism that it isn't even funny.

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Taken from the above linked story:
    :cautious:

6. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I also don't watch any regular TV anymore. We buy DVD's at our local weekend flea market, so we have an awesome collection of classic TV shows and movies.
    Last weekend I bought a box set of an old British comedy show called Rising Damp for $5. We've been watching them all week I dont think I have seen a show so funny in years!!

7. Reality

Reality Registered Member

How marketers use algorithms to (try to) read your mind? o_O

Yeah TRY TO. All the best with that with me, since I'm perennially allergic to those that do such things and I don't see their stupid ads anyway nor do I do TV, loyalty cards, online shopping. So....they can shove their algorithms

LOL @EASTER, nice couple of rants.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.