how many virus found in nod32 in On-demand comparative Test by Heuristics ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 12V, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Maybe this is silly to you, but who cares? This may be silly to you too that how many elks there are in the Southern Finland forests in a 100 square km, but they will kill tens of people every year in Finnish highways. :rolleyes: I can't just criticize somebody, what he/she is thinking about when he/she is making a question! I think the web is a free world. :)

Btw, Maybe I just wanted to know how close my own sample collection is against those heuristics detectings compared to that what Av-Comparatives used! Is that just silly?

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Is correct.:)

And that's exact the reason why i give MY point of view;)

3. 12V

12V Guest

the problem is
    if nod32 found alot of virus be Heuristic that mean nod32 not sure 100% if this file is true virus
    so you send this file to ESET and wait more than week to add it ,
    for example
    your friend send to you a file , you scan it by nod32 and alarm you there is (probably unknown NewHeur_PE ) so you will not use it only after you sure there is no virus or the alarm was FP
    so you send the file to ESET and wait more than week to add it
    but what if the file is imprtont and you need the answer today ?
    will you wait for a week or more !!!
    the problem also they will not reply your email , nobody will till you there is virus or not

on the other hand
    kav
    if your friend send to you a file and kav give alarm there is a new unknown virus so you send it to KAV company
    after 2 hour the will reply your email with the answer !!!
    if there is virus you will delet the file
    if there is no virus i will use the file !!!
    simple!!!
    just in few a hours i have the answer!!

the problem is not all virus found Heuristics is virus
    there is FB
    so we need to know before we delet any file is this a virus or just FB ?
    to know the answer you need to send the file to ESET and you dont know will happen after !!

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I have removed a number of off-topic posts including those by myself in order for those that wish to discuss the thread topic further without the side distraction my initial posts appeared to have caused.

As a side note....I am not a Nod32 user and the posts by myself directed toward who they were directed to had nothing to do with Nod32 per say and should not have been construed as supressing any trade secrets and there definetly was nothing defensive of Nod in my replies given I am not a Nod user.

I erred in the initial handling of this matter and ask that we simply continue with the thread topic.

Regards,
    Bubba

5. fosius

fosius Registered Member

for 12V.

NOD32 warns you about unknown threat, but the possibility that KAV will warn you about unknown threat is almost zero. So you WON't SEND THAT FILE TO KAV AND YOU WONT GET ANSWER AND YOU WILL BE INFECTED!!!!

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thats true fosius, because most likely it will already be in the signatures.;)

7. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

8. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

I may be missing something but to tell the truth as long as an AV works(that is detects what its meant to detect not keep users amused in discussion forums!)I'm not bothered what method it uses to detect nasties.Heuristics or Signatures(or black magic) does the method really matter.
    I know someone is going to answer:-heuristics are better cos they catch zero day threats and somebody else will say signatures are better cos they're more targetted and give less false +vs(might be true ,I dont know) but in the end does detection method really matter to the end user?

9. Don Pelotas

I personally think you're correct on this.:)

10. Don Pelotas

11. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

:) :) :)

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Oh no! Many people will want to run separate programs for those functions. Sounds like it's becoming bloatware. ;) :D

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Who really cares, for as long as it's taking the garbage out instead of me :p:D

14. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

At last Electrolux has met the winner in the vacuum cleaner market. I'm gonna buy one of these to my wife as a late Xmas present, it's even cheaper than that 300..400 € for an Electrolux. :D

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Try Vorwerk :D

16. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Don is talking about the special Moderator version of KAV. He's spending so much time on the forum, that Grnic and Graf made him this version to keep him from suffocating in acumulated dust etc :D

*SSK ducks and dives for cover :ninja: *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.