How many use ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by twl845, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Just wondering how many NOD32 users have ZA Pro as their firewall, and if so what version. How does the combo work for you? Any problems or ZA bugs that you had to overcome?

2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I am using nod32 with zonealarm pro and i found that it is very good combination.Heurstics of nod32 and a Proactive defense of zonealarm makes it good combo. Plus, one gets the extra antispyware protection with zonalarm and it runs light. I haven't had any problems with this two running to protect my system.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

As a NOD32 user I do not & would not use zonedout alarm firewall.

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I'll never install it on my machine. Free or Pro.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi,

I use that combo ZA Pro & NOD 32 & am quite happy with them!

Take Care
    rico

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I use Windows Firewall / Internet connection firewall on all my XP computers.

It works fine for my clients and they are happy with it as far as I know . It is pretty good as a firewall .

What might happen is a Winsock corruption , then you have to repiar Winsock , reinstall ZoneAlarm and repair IMON :) , just might :thumb:

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I had them both for almost 7 months and they worked great. Then I switched to Comodo. :)

8. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I'm running ZA Pro v6.5.722.000 and Nod32 and it's an excellent combo. Let's say this, it took me almost three years of toying around with different combos and suites to find ZA Pro and Nod32 and they work very well together. Now that I have found it, I'm sticking with it.

I honestly, have never had any problems. I installed Nod first then ZA. I configured everything before I connected to the net of course and everything was fine. If you try this combo, see this thread about the install procedure https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=143459

I started out to try the ZA Suite (which I liked except AV) and I hated the Antivirus in it so I went with the pro just so I could run Nod32 a long with it.

Why don't you give the trials a whirl and see if they run okay on your system. That's really the only way you will find out. Everyone's system is different. Then you can decide for your self. Good luck to you!

P.S.- Here is a clean way to uninstall ZA if needed. Follow exactly as described and it will work every time. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=142228

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  9. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Comodo firewall and NOD here. Comodo's support is fantastic and they take on board people's suggestions for making it even better. The rate at which they've improved their product has been superb.

10. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

I'm using NOD32, ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.737.000, BOClean, WinPatrol, and Windows Defender, and never had any troubles with performance or strange errors.

11. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I'm using nod32 and ZA Pro V7.5.737. No problems whatsoever. It's a great combo and as mentioned ZA includes an antispyware scanner which supplements nod32. Unlike some firewalls (eg, Windows firewall) ZA protects against unauthorized outgoing traffic. I have the nod32 kernel service enabled for sending emails within ZA since I utilize the System Setup/Notification feature of nod32. It allows me to monitor problems that occur on 4 separate computers that I'm responsible for.

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, please remember the Title of this thread and the question asked:

Cheers :D

13. xp_1839

xp_1839 Registered Member

NOD32 and ZA Pro 5.5.094 in perfect harmony here!

14. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i have used nod with ZA pro before, they seem to work well together. Had ZA pro 6.5 running fine with nod32 on my old computer. Have also used it combined with older versions 3.7 and 4.5 pro and it worked fine.

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks to all for your input. As I suspected, ZA and Nod work well together.

16. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I manage a number of Windows XP Pro based systems and on most of them I am using NOD32 2.5x with either ZAP 6.1.744.001 or ZASS 6.5.737.000 (with the AV and IMSecurity components disabled). I have found that the latest ZA firewall product versions 6.5.737.000 seem to run more efficiently than previous versions in the 6.x and 6.1.x series so that would be my recommended version to use for a Windows XP based machine. I also have configured an eight year old Windows 98SE machine using NOD32 for Win98 along with ZA free version 6.1.744.001 and it also works great. In conclusion, ZAP and NOD32 work very well together and this has become my preferred combination of choice for Windows systems requiring an advanced software firewall and top rated antivirus software. Rilla927 has a link (the first link in that post) to a thread posted above with a previous post of mine explaining the installation procedure that I found worked best when using the combination of ZAP or ZASS and along with NOD32. If you do not need the email spam filtering component or the parental control features in ZASS then ZAP would be the recommended product to use with the NOD32 AV.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  17. adamlau

adamlau Registered Member

Currently using ZAP 6.5.737.00 on an nLited dual Xeon workstation. Has proved to be particularly stable. Useful for testing apps which tend to phone home. Was a longtime BID user (since its Network Wizards days, continues to remain my NID software of choice on the Windows platform). Ditching everything in favor of NOD32. We will see how it goes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  18. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Currently i have nod32 running alongside ZA pro 5.5 on one of my computers with no problems at all. 6.5 was just too much of a resource hog for my likeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.