How many licences I need?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dexteryogl, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexteryogl

dexteryogl Registered Member

OK. here is my story:
    I have 5 computer at moment, which is 2 for work, 2 for home and one for kids.
    their are all PCs,and use different OS.

3 of those PCs have ESS4 which is 3yr 3pc key. which still have 2yrs to go.
    I need 2 more licenses, anyway.

recently I bought a new Macbook Pro.I love it, but I still need use window OS for work. So I have a solution from Apple is either use Bootcamp to dual boot or use virtualisation apps like I used on PC.
    option are VM Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5.0.

VM Fusion 3 have good support for OS other than windows and Parallels is good for speed and gaming. So I bought VM fushion and going to try Parallels.
    also I have the Bootcamp tri boot(Mac OS X/XP/Win7) as well.

1. For additional 2 PC can I add 2licenses to my old 3yr3pc licenses or I need new licenses?

2. I know if I build a new window virtual machine on Mac I need new ESS 4 license for it.but if I clone one of my PC to a virtual machine do I still need a new license for it or just use the one I used on that PC?

3. Do I need individual license for tri-boot OS windows XP and win7 on the Mac or they can share one?

4. If I have a PC have XP Vista and win7 3OSs on it, do I need 3 licenses or they can share one?

Great thanks to anyone can answer those questions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello dexteryogl,

To purchase new licenses or discuss possibly adding licenses I recommend contact your local ESET sales representative. They would be able to answer that question more accurately for you.

As for a multi-boot machine running multiple operating systems, are you only able to run a single OS at a time?

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.