how many ewido scanners are there?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by iceni60, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, my friend is looking for an AT, i was going to get the free scanner with the 14 day trial to start with, but in another thread someone mentioned Ewido-micro, is that the same thing? i think there's an online scanner too. so are there three ways to scan a PC with ewido and they all detect and remove malware as well as one another? thanks.

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Hi there! :)

First of all, Ewido Micro is a 'mini' version of the full suite, now called "Ewido Anti-Spyware", and it's also an alternative to the Online Scanner for those who are not using IE compatible Web-Browsers..
    The difference between Ewido Micro and the Full Suite is most of all the features. While Micro is extremely easy to use, since it just downloads the newest signatures when you start it, and then you can just click on scan, the Free version of the full suite might be considered as a better choice because it's much more tools and descriptions, making it easier to understand for everyone and more useful. ;)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, raven211. i'll think i'll just get Ewido Anti-Spyware. i didn't realise that was the new name i thought it was something else. it doesn't matter though i'll still get it.

4. anykey

anykey Registered Member

Thanks for this answer - I too found the multiple choice of ewido products confusing.

The simple answer seems to be: Stick with the Free version ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.