How long since you last used windows?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by x942, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x942

x942 Guest

I have to say this is the first time I have stayed with linux for more than two months. Normally something always pulls me back (or I break my install and just install windows instead).

When was the last time you installed or used windows (or mac) at home?

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Since I'm a linux noob, I go back and forth whenever I have to get things done fast... :D

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Fascinating enough, we have some Apple hardware (iPods and Airport Extreme router) that require Windows applications for maintenance.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

It's been about 30 minutes. None of my physical machines run Windows. Most run Ubuntu. But I need some Windows-only software with no suitable Linux equivalent, and run that on VMs. I've used both OpenOffice and LibreOffice Calc, and neither can replace Excel 2007. They only use one core. They behave unpredictably with large and/or complicated workbooks.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I'm on Windows right now ...
    Mrk

6. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i went to windows last 2-3 month back hardly remember...............just to update my windows system/softwares like new firefox chrome......vlc ......etc ;)

i have dual boot linux + windows so if one linux breaks i switch to another one

my main linux used to be scinetific linux which hardly breaks have only once problem nvidia new drivers which i roll back

i guess what breaks linux is bad QA frequent too much update without QA(Quality assurance) checks and our own R&D (research and destroyment) :D

7. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

It's been a couple of months (or more) since I was on Windows, I suppose. I downloaded and tried Windows 8 (alpha or pre-alpha...beta...I really don't recall) and decided it was a disaster so I ran back to linux. I like Windows 7. I even have still active subscriptions with DefenseWall, Sandboxie (lifetime), and AntiVir Premium but don't use them. Thinking about giving them to my son who's away at college.

Later...

8. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Yesterday, in a virtual machine. Last month was my first time without any Windows operating system installed in its own partition.

9. observence

observence Registered Member

since 2006 U has been my main system but i update my XP once a month.
    O

10. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

No Windows at all for 2½ years.

11. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Lets see.... about 10 minutes ago I was in Linux... right now I am in Windows.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  12. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Since Ubuntu 7.04, so no MS for over 4 years.

13. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

i guess a few days . Linux solves all my purpose except IDM which downloads much smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.