How long has TI10 been out ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by topgazza, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topgazza

topgazza Registered Member

The reason for asking is with the nightmare I am having trying to get it to work with Vista I'm wondering if its a serious compatability issue. Arcronis keep talking about how simple and easy it is to use the product....and it does have a very very good reputation....it seems odd that so many are having problems and not just with Vista. I know that a lot of times people configurations play a part but some of the issues are pretty basic and pretty bizarre...like having to delete your temp folder.... You just shouldn't have to do that to install a product.

Do earlier versions of TI work with Vista ?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Earlier versions will .... only if you use the TI boot CD. So if you already have Vista, you will have to find an XP machine that will take a TI installation in order to make the boot CD.

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I have had no problems installing TI10 under vista. In fact I have made quite a few full backups without issue so far. I am not sure if all features will work as advertised as I mostly use TI10 for backups and restores only. I would take a look at your hardware config as well to see if there could be an issue with your particular machine.

4. topgazza

Thats what I'm thinking as well. I suspect it has as much to do with Vista and what needs to be turned off so to speak. Others are having similar problems though....It doesn't help when Acronis support is so slow for trials...why would I buy software that apparently doen't work for me and I can get no "official" solutions?

I am running Vista Ultimate which has several "hidden" bells and whistles that chunder away in the background...my hardware is fine and it has to be something but what ?

What is your setup Atomic?

5. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I am also running Vista Ultimate on a Dell E1705 laptop. It has the cheesey on board Intel GMA graphics but aside from that it isn't too bad. Does run aero however which is on for my config, 80gb SATA drive, 2gb DDR2-667, Core Duo T2250 cpu & using the built in USB 2 ports to backup with Acronis to a Western digital mybook 160gb external drive which works great. I have also used a cheap homemade usb external I put together with an old laptop drive I had and an enclosure kit I picked up for like $19.99. I do not use this one too often as I prefer the mybook but it is handy when I can't be near the desktop external. At any rate I have my Vista Ultimate configured pretty much at the install defaults and all latest updates with the exception of the Ultimate extras on the MS update site. I did not install these as I have seen many other having issues with them. I think it is some bitlocker update, some 3d screensave thing and some type of poker program which I do not have any interest in. So if you installed any of these then there could be a difference between our setups, aside of course from the hardware.

I also use Mcafee latest version, MS office 2003, NTI Cd & Dvd Maker 7.7, ATI10 and aside from these, have nothing more loaded under the system. I am sure you have seen many of the 3rd party apps are not compatible with Vista even though some claim they are like Roxio, they are not. So that is why I am keeping my system lite with apps that I absolutely know ae going to work under Vista. Doing this so far I have not had a singe issue yet after I reloaded Vista from scratch. I ended up doing this after Roxio 9 and other crapplications that claimed to work under Vista, simply did not and hosed everything. After the reload I did not install anything I had not previously tested and so far so good. BTW.. If you are looking for a good cd & dvd burning app that works great under vista, then take a look at NTI, as it is the only one I found where everything works as advertised under Vista. Nero, Roxio and a few others simply do not work.

6. topgazza

Thanks Atomic, I'll try that out....I haven't tried DVD Shrink (for older DVDs) yet or DVD Fab Decrypter or MagicDVD, all of which I had on my XP system.

My setup is AMD 2.2ghz dual core, 2gb dual channel memory, a 7300GT Graphics card and a Creative 24 bit Audilogy SOund card...so that lot should be OK...

I'm convinced Vista or Acronis didn't like the mix of IDE and SATA I had especially as the IDE was a slave only. Just rebuild system from scratch and had to "import" the IDE drive as Vista saw it as foreign. I'm sure if I did a clone from my SATA to another SATA all would be well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.