How long do you spend on the computer?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Jimbob1989, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Approximately how long do you spend on the computer?

Jimbob

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I spend about 3 hours a day on the computer, some times more and I would spend more time online, but I have a younge family and my job also takes up a lot of my time and of course they both come first with me anyway.

THE MUL

3. Jimbob1989

I think the amount of time you spend on the computer can be effected by wether or not your job is computer related. My Dad is a computer programer for HSBC, spends his 7 hours a day on a computer and so often when he gets home, he is not interested in going anywhere near the computer. Durring the weekend it is often different.

For me I don't have frequent access to a computer at school so I spend loads of time on the computer when I'm at home. And of course I'm involved in several online communities such as wilders, where I enjoy.

Jimbob

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I usually spend about seven hours a day at wilders and a couple of other forums

bigc

5. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

When my back starts to ache like heck, and people call me a Vampire, then I know I spend too much time on/at the PC.

Hehe

:ninja:

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

A few minutes at a time, for about 45 minutes a day. Not very long.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

More then I should considering how much else I got to do. Several hours a day. Two or three. The problem is and it is a problem for other areas in my life too, I am not a clock watcher not even at work. So things can get really out of control. Which is why I am sure I am a "night owl." You did not really specify I guess you me forum :ninja: but I would have to add a little more time if you want to add in my fiddle and maintaince time on two Machines. :eek:

Hey Dazed and Confused that's a lot of posts for such a little bit of time are you sure you don't have my problem. You really can't get a handle on how much time you spend? :D

8. greyfox

greyfox Registered Member

It depends on if I find something interesting on the genealogy or security boards. I do a lot of genie research for other people. Usually several hours a day, but I have to share time with my spouse.

9. steverio

steverio Registered Member

It varies during the week average up to a few hours each day but really...I need a better social life! :oops:

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I'm usually on the computer 3 to 4 hours a day.

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I spend about half an hour in the mornings before I go to work when its a work day,then about 3 hours in the evening. Days I dont work about 4 hours,sometimes more.

12. ritalaxman

ritalaxman Registered Member

I sometimes spend 12 hours on the computer. I browse the web for work from home jobs (data entry) so that I can get funds to meet my medical expenditure. Also, I spend a few hours on this and another forum.

Rita :)

13. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

The vast majority of my waking hours (other than out walking the dog or doing light shopping), not necessarily online. I'm disabled/retired, and these days my friends, support, and recreation are all pretty much "out here".

14. Jimbob1989

Just out of interest, how many people would rather either spend more or less time on the computer and why?

Jimbob

15. Usually from 8:00am to 7:30pm 5-6 days/wk. Vision has gone bad back is shot. Any more questions?

16. ritalaxman

ritalaxman Registered Member

Usually, depending on what is to be done. I am handicapped because of osteoarthiritis and hence spend a lot of time on the computer.

Have a nice day.

Rita Lakshmanan

17. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I spend way too long on the computer!

18. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

anywhere between 3 to 18 hours, depending on who's watching over my shoulder, and what tomorrow's schedule brings.

19. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Also much too long here. I have a physical disability and I reckon the computer has saved my sanity. I could spend 8 to 10 hours at the computer on a good day, even though I say I spend too long on it I also enjoy all my time using it. :rolleyes:

20. !! DOT !!

!! DOT !! Registered Member

befor i spend too long time.
    but now I spend about half an hour in my break time in my work and in home 2 to 4 hours.

21. meneer

meneer Registered Member

8 hours per day, of which 5, 6 hours at work.
    Wilders takes a lot of time, anything up to an hour per day I guess.

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

4-5 hours on normal days, up to 12 hours on holidays, and I STILL have only a small eye power (+0.5)!!!!

For Wilders usually about 2 hours, 4-5 on holidays. Same amount for other Internet work.

Rest is GAMES GAMES GAMES!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.